In today’s episode of Framework, Jamie talks with Samantha Russell, Chief Evangelist at FMG Suite. For the past several years, Samantha has helped advisors improve their business with education.
A lifetime lover of learning, Samantha’s early career introduced her to unfamiliar industries and specialties, and she never hesitated to dive in and become the go-to person for something previously foreign. When her husband launched a product to help advisors with personal branding, he brought Samantha on to lead sales and marketing and, ultimately, be the educator advisors desperately need.
Samantha talks with Jamie about building a business from the ground up, why marketing is no longer optional, and handling massive demographic shifts in the financial industry.
“A lot of advisors still will tell me, all my clients are 65 and older, or this is not where they’re going. And if you’re never planning to sell your business to somebody and to grow and get more younger clients, then you’re right, you probably don’t need to pay attention. But if you are interested in creating a firm that someone wants to buy and that is going to keep attracting the next generation, you can’t ignore where people are going and where they’re spending their time because it’s important.” ~ Samantha Russell
- Firms spend so much time, energy, and money on corporate branding, but advisors are never encouraged to work on their personal branding. With no branding, marketing, or outreach, advisors will never reach their full potential.
- If you’re ever going to speak to the people your products are for, you have to immerse yourself in their world and learn everything there is to know.
- The walls around the financial industry are coming down quickly. With the rise of platforms like TikTok, we have to use popular apps and tech to fight misinformation at the source.
- Unfortunately, people who have access to advisors don’t always need them, and those who don’t have access, desperately need advice. Firms and advisors can cater to both parties successfully. They don’t need to choose a demographic.
- If you have strong branding and messaging, repurposing it for different platforms is easy. So there’s no reason not to bring your business to trending platforms.
Links and Important Mentions
- Samantha on Linkedin
- Connect with Samantha
- Twenty Over Ten
- FMG Suite
- U.S. Broker/Dealer Marketplace 2020
- Baraona’s Bakery
- Penn State Berkey Creamery
- Dr. Brad Klonz
Transform the Way You Grow Your Firm at Excell 2021
Whether you’re just starting out in the industry or you manage a billion-dollar firm, Excell 2021 is for you. As one of the largest conferences in the industry, we have a full slate of development opportunities for you and your entire team. Hear from Carson Founder and CEO Ron Carson, best-selling author John DiJulius, Nerd’s Eye View’s Michael Kitces, Framework Host Jamie Hopkins, and plenty more.
Join us October 12-14, 2021, in Las Vegas, or register for our digital-only conference. Register today at https://excellconference.com.