Sometimes, the best way to boost your career is to find some fuel from your other passions.
In today’s episode, Jamie and guest co-host Brodrick talk with Ana, Framework’s new co-host, and the Director of Coaching and Advisor Content at Carson Group.
Prior to being Carson’s clarion in the advisory space, Ana worked as the senior editor for the FPA’s publications, including Journal of Financial Planning, the FPA Next Generation Planner, and Practice Management Blog. Ana has been very vocal about her Hispanic heritage’s impact on her flourishing career. And when not busy with her content initiatives, you’ll find her preparing for marathons.
Ana talks with Jamie and Brodrick about the power of being inclusive and authentic, career lessons she’s learned from running marathons, and her personal and career background.
- Ana’s best Menudo and her love for different cuisines.
- Ana’s favorite karaoke song.
- What sparked Ana’s passion for writing.
- Why Ana fused journalism with financial planning.
- Why Carson’s Excell is always worth the wait every year.
- The impact of doing everything for the next generation.
- Why choose to be inclusive and authentic.
- The problem with misrepresenting a culture.
- The cathartic effect of running marathons.
- Putting POC narratives at the forefront.
“The world isn’t always kind to people who are different, or who look different, who come from or maybe have different experiences. And my goal is that they don’t have to experience that or that they’re going to enter a world where that’s not a thing.” – @AnaT_Edits
- Ana Trujillo Limon on Twitter
- Ana Trujillo Limon on LinkedIn
- An Affair to Remember (1957)
- Doctor Zhivago (1965)
- Como La Flor By Selena
- Nicole Casperson
- Colorado State University
- Active Interest Media
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Charles Schwab
- Excell Conference
- New York Marathon
- Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon
- Ironman Triathlon
- No Kid Hungry
- Los Alamos National Laboratory